What is meditation?
You don’t need to be a pro to meditate and you definitely don’t need to be a pro to reap the benefits. Anyone can learn how to meditate, you just have to start. I personally think that meditation is highly misunderstood. It’s not about turning your thoughts and emotions off, it’s about learning to observe them without judgment. Think of meditation as a form of exercise, especially since the brain functions like a muscle and gets stronger with practice. When we workout we start slowly, building endurance and training our muscles to become stronger. Science shows that the brain functions in a similar fashion. When you use a particular part of your brain, more blood is pumped to that area to provide energy. As with muscles the more you use your brain the better it works. You just have to practice often and use good strategies like meditation. All you need is a comfortable place to sit, in a room that is preferably free from distraction. Once seated set the intention to be in the present moment. Meditation is about committing to the here and now, free from distraction and having a willingness to sit with yourself. To be with yourself without judgement. Meditation is about noticing feelings as they come and go, acknowledging these feelings and then letting them pass. We are literally training the brain to focus, what to focus on, and how to build mindfulness. Having control over our mind is an essential life tool and it’s impact on improving our lives is immense. The benefits of meditation don’t end when you open your eyes, the effects follow you into your day, into your life, and into the lives of those around you as well.
What can I expect from a session?
We’ll begin with a free phone consultation. This way we can get to know one another better and we can discuss your goals and individual needs for your personal practice. Then we’ll schedule your first session. You can come to my studio, I can come to your home, or we can meet at a location of your choice. We’ll discuss meditation, what is it, and how it can benefit your overall health. You’ll learn how to sit comfortably and you’ll be given modifications that feel best in your body so you can meditate without focusing on physical discomfort. We’ll discuss your meditation goals, stressors in your life, and anything that might be keeping you stuck. Then we’ll create a tailored plan to work through these things. You’ll also learn valuable breathing techniques. Stress, tension, anxiety, depression and illness all affect the way we breath and the way we breathe affects our life, health and longevity. Breath control is what connects us to our physical & internal body as well as our mind & emotions. Mastering our breath takes us a step closer to understanding our bodies and mastering our lives. You’ll also learn body scanning, awareness of physical sensations, identifying emotions in the body, walking meditations, and so much more. You’ll acquire invaluable skills that will improve the quality of your life. See below for more benefits: [x]
* You may pay per session or choose from one of our discounted package options. Sessions may be done in person or online. We specialize in the 1:1 experience but also offer small group and corporate coaching – Contact us for more information.
Additional meditation benefits:
- Healthier inflammatory response & immune system
- Better sleep, less fatigue & resilience against pain
- Lower blood pressure
- Reduces negative emotions/Higher level of optimism
- Increased clarity, peace of mind & overall happiness
- Improves focus, drive, attention, memory & decision making skills
- Improves mental health & mood
- Reduces stress, anxiety & depression
- Encourages a healthy lifestyle
- Better ability to manage emotional reactions
- Improved empathy & compassion
- Manage symptoms of a severe illness
- Improved cardiovascular health
- Better problem solving abilities
- Manage attention deficit disorder
- Better Relationships with people in your life
- Better communication
- Less judgemental
- Less fear
- Become emotionally resilient
To book a private coaching session with Jenna you may fill out our contact form, call us at 323-849-0039 or shoot us an email at email@example.com
* YogiNest specializes in the following; Trauma & PTSD, Anxiety & Depression, Therapeutics & Restoratives, Addiction, Chronic & Terminal Illness, as well as Injury Management & Prevention – Contact us for more information.
- Effects of Mindfulness on Psychological Health: A Review of Empirical Studies
- Event-related delta, theta, alpha and gamma correlates to auditory oddball processing during Vipassana meditation
- Neural correlates of mindfulness meditation-related anxiety relief
YogiNest recommends that you consult your physician regarding the applicability of any recommendations and follow all safety instructions before beginning any exercise program. When participating in any exercise or exercise program, there is the possibility of physical injury. If you engage in this exercise or exercise program, you agree that you do so at your own risk, are voluntarily participating in these activities, assume all risk of injury to yourself.