What is yoga?
Well of course there are the poses and postures that we see on Instagram. They’re lovely and so fun to do, but is there more to yoga then just making shapes with our bodies? ABSOLUTELY!!! Don’t get me wrong, we’ll do poses. I’ll challenge you and you’ll build strength, flexibility, and balance. You’ll achieve your goals, sleep better, and reduce pain and tension in the body. You’ll learn how to manage stress, depression, anxiety, illness, injury and so much more. You’ll develop good habits that will keep you strong and healthy. You’ll learn about discipline, patience and concentration, but you’ll also learn that yoga is the science of the mind. It combines poses, breath, meditation, and mindfulness; all with the end goal of helping you more fully understand yourself, your mind, your thoughts, your body, wellness, and the world around you in order to live a more harmonious and conscious life.
What can I expect from a session?
We’ll begin with a free phone consultation. This way we can get to know one another better and we can discuss your goals and individual needs for your personal practice. Then we’ll schedule your first session. You can come to my studio, I can come to your home, or we can meet at a location of your choice. Your first session will provide us an opportunity to try out your customized sequence, determine what your strengths are, and tweak your sequence accordingly, depending on what areas of your practice need more attention. Some days we’ll sweat and I’ll challenge you, and sometimes you’re body will need the exact opposite and we’ll focus on restorative practices and self-care. This is the benefit of tailored one-on-one yoga sessions.
* You may pay per session or choose from one of our discounted package options. Sessions may be done in person or online. We specialize in the 1:1 experience but also offer small group and corporate coaching – Contact us for more information.
Additional yoga benefits:
- Reduce stress & anxiety
- Improve sleep & reduce fatigue
- Restore balance; physically & mentally
- Increased sense of well-being
- Build strength & body awareness
- Improve mental health & focus
- Increase flexibility & improve posture
- Relief from pain & tension in the body
- Boosts immune system
- Improves self-esteem
- Weight reduction
- Cardio & circulatory health
- Injury rehabilitation & prevention
- Improves athletic performance
* YogiNest specializes in the following; Trauma & PTSD, Anxiety & Depression, Therapeutics & Restoratives, Addiction, Chronic & Terminal Illness, as well as Injury Management & Prevention – Contact us for more information.
YogiNest recommends that you consult your physician regarding the applicability of any recommendations and follow all safety instructions before beginning any exercise program. When participating in any exercise or exercise program, there is the possibility of physical injury. If you engage in this exercise or exercise program, you agree that you do so at your own risk, are voluntarily participating in these activities, assume all risk of injury to yourself.